- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Clear dirty plates, glasses and silverware to Stewarding for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. events & parties)
- Follow all relevant health and safety department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Wait on tables and provide quality service to the customers who arrive at the restaurant.
- Be fully aware of the menu and the specials to inform the customers.
- Suggest specials and appropriate dishes to customers when required.
- To take down orders, deliver it to the kitchen and serve the prepared dishes on the table.
- Regularly replenish the food in the buffet.
- Enquire if you could be of service regularly.
- Be courteous and well mannered.
- Address problems and negotiate with efficiency.
- Multitask with other tables, orders and always have your eye open for when a customer calls.
- Keeping the table clean and tidy.
- Ensure the health department regulations and the quality policy of the restaurant is upheld
- B.Sc/Diploma in Hotel Management or related course. Training with subjects concerning the food service industry is a bonus.
- 4 years of experience in the Food and Beverage service is required. Customer service experience preferred, preferably in the hospitality section.
- Prior experience as a waiter or waitress.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Effective multitasking and time management skills.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and well mannered.
- Must have patience while dealing with a customer.
- Basic computer or software knowledge.
How To Apply
Having met the above written requirements, click on the email on “Apply Now” to forward your curriculum vitae to FSG Work Solutions International Limited.